Thursday, February 5, 2009

An Update From These Parts

Sewing Update...

I've drafted the grand plans for the morning room which includes curtains, chair cushions, a slipcover and a table runner in very girly fabrics. I'm going to make M'Fay's pattern #1905 butterfly swag. This is a board mounted curtain. I have the 1" pine board, the material and trim and a jigsaw. I have no idea of how to use the jigsaw but it should be fun learning. I plan to take pictures of the process to develop a tutorial for the MEO business site. Here is the fabric I'm using and a picture of the pattern.







































Family and Friends Update...


Do you remember making 'balloons' out of a tube of plastic and a straw? I used to love to do this as a kid. I ran across a kit and couldn't resist. Lauren and I along with her friend Lucy played with this for a long time. It still smells like model glue.















Yesterday, Lauren and I helped with preparations for the Multicultural Festival at her school. We decorated the Latin America table (it was the cutest by far!) and made about 40 tacos which were served at the festival. There was a performance by Asian dancers that was beautiful. Many of the kids dressed in heritage costumes.

Lauren and her teacher Miss Steele




















Lauren and her friend Annie




















0 comments: