Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lots of Updates

The Wedding...

It took a village but we finished sewing Miss Katy's Mrs. Baller's wedding accessories in time for them to sail down the aisle. I'd like to say a special thanks to everyone who worked for hours (and hours and hours) covered in black fur. Collectively we made eight muffs, five stoles, two capulets, the bride's veil and altered Lauren's junior bridesmaid dress--all in less than two days.

A special thanks goes out to...

  • My sister Diana to whom I promise to keep my pinky promise. She was the brains and talent behind this operation for sure.
  • My friend Anne-Marie who wrestled that crazy dress for hours. It turned out perfectly.
  • My mom Annie who kept us motivated and did a million little things too numerous to name. I hope you aren't still vacuuming all that fur Mom!
  • My newest sewing friend Rosann whom I recently met through the Wellesley Newcomers Club. Rosann helped me get a feel for working with faux fur and refining the pattern for the muffs.
  • Fallon and Lauren who were our field testers and photographers.
  • My dad who kept our tummies full with gravy and biscuit. Yum!
  • And, last but not least, my hubby for being patient (again and again and again).
Wedding Preparation Pictures




Wedding Pictures



[Sorry about the long slide display time. At least there is pretty music :-)]


Sewing Update...

My next sewing adventure is next week I am teaching my daughter's brownie troop about sewing so that they can earn their Stitch It Together try-it badge. We're making pillowcases. Three people from my quilt guild are coming to help (Ann, Kelly and Erin) and possibly my M-I-L Anita if her schedule allows. Look for photos next week.








MEO Update...

Here's sneak peak at my ecommerce site. The functionality is all there--I just need products loaded. I'm having fun tinkering with the site. I work on it for an hour or two every few days. It will eventually be 'live'. Once the ecommerce site is live, you'll have to click on 'MEO Blog' on the gray toolbar in order to read the blog. Alternatively, you can bookmark the blog www.myembroideryonline.blogspot.com and bypass the ecommerce site.

This is the landing page. Can you see the tiny tiny MEO Blog on the gray menu bar?











This is what you see when you click on a product.













These designs were digitized by my awesome M-I-L Anita Johnston. Aren't they cute!




















Family and Friends Update...


I still haven't sent Christmas gifts to my nieces and nephews in KY and AL. Shame on me. I figure that writing it down for all to see will motivate me to take care of it ASAP. Sorry guys!

I spent my Tuesday with my baby friends. The group was a bit under the weather but we still had fun.

DJ, my F-I-L, is heading off on Thursday for a cruise to the Bahamas. Man, am I ever jealous. I asked him to smile at the sunshine at least once a day for me while he was there.

We celebrated Christmas with my husband's side of the family this past Saturday. Thanks AJ for coordinating everything. I'm still wishing I had ordered the cranberry walnut pancakes. It was fun watching Graeme play with his cars. He is definitely a wheels man. Phoebe and Lauren were two peas in a pod playing Winks and tearing through packages.





















0 comments: