Thursday, June 26, 2008

Quilting Rock Star!


I met Alix Anderson THE rock star of quilting this week. Alix hosted Simply Quilts, a PBS television show, for eleven years. She has authored many quilting books and patterns. A favorite quilt shop of mine in Ann Arbor Michigan, Viking Sewing Center, hosted the event where Alix was the keynote speaker. Meeting Alix was on my list of things to do before I kick the bucket.

Here is a picture of me, Alix and my mom...

Photobucket
Meet John and Archie. John (on the left) made their shirts using quilting fabrics of course! Thanks guys for being a good sport and letting me take your picture. Quilt on dudes!

Photobucket

Crafty Update...

I finished the first of two baby hats I'm knitting for my friend Kristin who just had beautiful twins. I can't post a picture here because she reads my blog and I want it to be a surprise. I'll post it once they've been sent to her. While in Michigan, I'm working on a few quilting squares for my mom who is making a beautiful quilt for my sister. I'll post the pictures once I get them done.

I have two major projects that I'm about to embark upon for upcoming weddings. The first is for my nephew and his bride. They designed a family crest representing their new family. I will be making a wall hanging of the crest to hang behind the bridal party table. They are having a Renaissance wedding in October. It is going to be a lot of fun! I am going to use a combination of quilting, embroidery and embellishment to recreate their vision. My mom and I are off to the fabric store tomorrow to buy the fabric.

The second project is for dear Miss Katy, Lauren's former nanny and current family friend. Miss Katy and Mr. Joe are having a December wedding. I will be making muffs and capes for the bridal party of eight. They plan to take some of the pictures outside which is why they need outerwear. Their colors are red, black and white. Lauren learned yesterday that she is going to be a junior bridesmaid which she is very excited about.

Business Update...

I made progress on the business. I submitted the required forms to operate the business to Massachusetts and established a business banking account as well. I have two 'stores' operational--Esty and eBay. I have sold several designs on eBay but am far from actually making a profit. I need to digitize, digitize and digitize so I have more products to offer for sale. Baby steps.

Personal Update...


Lauren and I are in Michigan to kick off our summer vacation. We are spending time with family and friends while we're here. Grandpa took us to Cedar Point which was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of Lauren and her friend Holly at CP.




We have a few more days of fun then its back to home sweet home. We need a week to sleep off our vacation. We are looking forward to July (horseback riding camp, the T family is coming for a visit, grandpa is coming for a visit).

Over and out!

Gloria

0 comments: